Eligibility Criteria for 2022
The field for the 2022 Nedbank Golf Challenge will feature a maximum of 66 players, and with a new eligibility criteria allowing for 5 tournament invites. Players who meet the following eligibility criteria will be granted a place in one of the most sought-after tournaments in world golf:
- The leading available 60* players from the DP World Tour Rankings as of 30th October 2022
- The winner of the final 2021/2022 Sunshine Tour Order of Merit*
- 5 Professional tournament invitations
- *If the Player eligible in b) above is otherwise exempt in a), then the field will be reduced to 65 Players.
- For any Player to have DP World Tour Ranking Points at the above tournament count on the 2022 DP World Tour Rankings, such Player must be ranked equal to or higher than the confirmed cut off for Category 10 for the 2023 season, in the 2022 DP World Tour Rankings published as of 30th October 2022.
- Irrespective of their DP World Tour Ranking, any such Player however entered through (b) or (c) above, (Tournament/National invitations), will NOT be eligible to have DP World Tour Ranking Points earned at the above tournament count on the 2022 DP World Tour Rankings. (Exception: If an invited player’s ranking is above the DP World Tour Ranking cut off for the tournament, as defined in (a) above, then he will be eligible to have his DP World Tour Ranking points count).
- This tournament is excluded from the top 5/10 Regulation.
*NOTE: The following members will be treated as "in addition" when determining the top 110 Ranked Members. (a) Ranked Members aged 50 or over (b) Ranked Members within the top 50 of the OWGR** who have not played a minimum of 6 Counting Tournaments prior to the WGC-HSBC Champions in the 2019 Official Season. (Exception (b) does not apply however to any such Member who has played 25 or more Race to Dubai Tournaments, excluding Majors and WGCs in his career).